Friday, September 25, 2009

Just a little reminder

First of all, I would like to post here again a brilliant comment by my friend Zodiac, from July 2008. I think that given the latest news, it is very, very appropriate and probably extremely useful. It still cracks me up, Zodiac! :-)

"My defence will be:

When I go out I always leave my doors unlocked and sometimes the windows are also left open. I enjoy wining and dining with my friends in another friends back garden approx 100 mts from my house, in fact it is just like sitting in my own back garden I can see the top of the roof of my house from my friend Stu Pidder's garden therefore I believe it is within the bounds of responsible home safety especially as we take it in turn to check on each others homes every 30 mins or so.
I am sure my Insurance Company would have no quibble with that when I need to make a claim if it were ever burgled. Every home owner does it! Although the chances of it being burgled in such circumstances are very rare hence the no need to lock up, imo.

Although there was one incident regarding a laptop in my home, I had gone to do my usual check and discovered my laptop had been moved, used and then replaced. I just knew as soon I entered the house that someone had been using it, the study door was half open, not the way I had left it, the small window to the rear was open, it was closed when I left. I looked at the desk and I could tell from the way the the mouse was sitting on the mat that it had been taken at some point in the evening and then replaced. I went back to Stu Pidder's and finished my wine and Tapas although this did kinda bother me I decided not to let it interfere with my dinner and my social life, my friends are important to me and it was the kind of night we were all into each other so why spoil it.

However with the art of hindsight I think this has been happening over a long period of time, maybe 14-16 months. I decided to mention it to my mates cos it was starting to annoy me that someone could just go into my unlocked home and use my laptop, I mean you do not expect that where we live it is very safe, very quiet and I really did not think for a minute something like that would happen, if I did think that I would never have left the doors unlocked.

Anyway, I was telling my friends my sad news when my closest mate in the whole world, Dolly Dimple said that when she was checking her home (a few months ago, FFS some friend!) she saw a guy walking past my house. She knew he was a local, he had bright orange hair, he was peally whally white, wore a kilt, sipped Whisky from a small flask, was humming 'Donald where's your troosers' and carried bag pipes under his right arm. She thought he was a bit odd because he had something under his left arm wrapped in a blanket with a mouse hanging out, she watched him walk up the street and he hid in a neighbours front garden. She said she walked up and peeped over the hedge to see what he was doing. He was sitting with what she now knows was my laptop, it had my name on it 'Amya Moron' but at the time she just thought someone shared the same name as me. She said he was sitting in the neighbours garden, she could see him clearly as the Streetlamp gave her a clear view, he was laughing like a hyena she could only see some of the words on the screen...3.. and... A...and...rows of pictures, then he was typing a word...Zodi....that was all she could see.
She said she would definately be able to recognize him again as he has a distinctive walk, it looks like he is doing the highland fling, she would recognize him any where despite not being able to see his face.

My witnesses for all the occassions that my laptop was used without my permission are:

Stu Pidder and his partner Ida Nyit.
Patty O'Furniture and her partner Pop Sickle.
Xavier Breath and his partner Sue Cherself.
Dolly Dimple and her partner Hyman Idiot.
And of course not forgetting my PR rep should I need one Boabie Puller."

And then, so we will never, ever forget where some of our opinions come:




24 comments:

nancy said...

Claudia -

Zodiac's old post absolutely made my morning - she should write scripts!

The videos of those wonderful dogs' reactions are clear and how they can be ignored is beyond belief because they implicate only the McCanns.

However, their reactions are not evidence enough according to the experts so it was all a waste of time and energy at the end of the day.

The same as Goncalo's clear and concise interpretation of what happened is being ignored and he is being pilloried for.

Apparently the only honest people in this whole macabre affair are the parents and their tapas pals; all those thoughtful parents who left their children night after night to go out and drink their wine and eat their tapas and to hell with the consequences - wonderful, caring, doctors NO!!

Gina said...

Oh dear,another case of wining and dining with friends takes priority over looking after valuables (only joking Zodiac.

I was just wondering if the McCanns claimed off their insurance for EVERYTHING that went missing on their holidays!!

Cláudia said...

Hi, Nancy.
Yes, it's hilarious! LOL
I, for one, do not ignore them. I, for one, will believe them until they are proved wrong. if they aren't (and to be proved wrong Madeleine would have to be found alive) I'll keep believing them. I don't care if they like it or not. I am free to believe whatever I want and I will believe those dogs over any human being every day of the week.
xxxx

Cláudia said...

Hi, Gina.
At least we know that none of their valuables went missing. Phew!
xxxx

Gina said...

Claudia it does not matter how much money they raise, there is not a PR company anywhere in the world that can make people like another person. They can try to influence but that is all. Moreoever, the about of money being spent on PR, lawyers etc. etc. is actually making more and more people angry that the fund set up to find Madeleine is being used in such a way. But they know best, or they think they do, as I said yesterday they are Carter Rucking themselves.

Thanks my rant for the day TTFN

Cláudia said...

Hi, Gina.
I hope they are smart enough not to be using the Fund money to pay for the legal expenses. Hope that is being taken care of by the rich backers. Otherwise it won't help people like them more.
As for myself, no PR company can change what already happen so it's a waste of money and time.
Have a good day!
xxxx

Gina said...

Claudia you are probably correct that it is being funded by bankers etc. but it does not matter where the money is coming from it is being wasted and could have been put to better use. They could have used additional offers of money to further the search instead of concerning themselves about what people are saying about them. That should not concern them if they are totally innocent, they should just be interested in spending every penny available on Madeleine. Why are they worried about people reading Amarals book, as far as I know it only elaborates on what was recorded regarding the PJ findings on the case. The bottom line is there is not enough evidence either way to prove abduction or manslaughter and if they truly believe M was abducted then they should just stop all this celebrity status and poor old me crap, and do what they should have done in the first place CO-OPERATE.

I really am going now :-)

Cláudia said...

Hi, Gina.
What you describe would be the type of behaviour to be expected. But it seems clear that in this case nothing is as expected.
xxxx

nancy said...

Hello Gina - yes, I remember well those gota frios!! The whole place needed a clean up the following day because the dust and sand is horrendous! I hope you have a friendly gardner or someone else to help you with all the clearing up!

According to Sky, Kate said that she didn't have any plans to visit Praia de Luz while she is in Portugal with Gerry, but in her head, yes, she will go to there some point soon!! You couldn't make it up could you?

Joana Morais has received a D NOTICE ordering an article by Mike Hollingsworth to be taken off her forum - things are getting bad for blogs and yet there are some who would believe there is no cover up!

Joana Morais is a Portuguese citizen, so what right does this country have to interfere with what she is doing. She is fighting back and so she should!!

McCann Files has a note from Nigel saying that he has no internet connection now and will be using one in his local library so his articles could be erratic in the future. That could be purely coincidental, but.....

WHAT POWER SOME PEOPLE WIELD!!

Zodiac said...

Hi Claudia and all,

I had forgot about My Defence. I see I mentioned the BLANKET way back then!

Gina said...

I thought D notices were only issued for matters of national security & it is not for me to say whether this is a security matter or not. If it is then removing it is the correct thing to do even if it takes away the right of freedom of speech etc. However, I am sure Joana was not the only one to put Hollingsworth article on their site so has everybody who displayed it received the same D notice. If not, why not??

Cláudia said...

Hi, Zodiac.
You're brilliant and in more than one way! ;-)
It still makes me PMSL!
xxxx

Cláudia said...

Hi, Gina.
I don't think that the UK can enforce anything outside their jurisdiction.
And to answer your question, a quick search on Google will show you that it is in several other places (unedited!). Why Joana? Well, I can think of a few reasons... ;-)
xxxx

Gina said...

You are right Claudia, I do not think UK D notices can be inforced out side their jurisdiction but I would hope that if it could be proven to be a national security threat then people outside the UK would voluntarily forfeit their rights and remove it. Having said that this article seems to be exposing a dishonest person and fraudster. If he once worked for Mxx or cxx then the biggest threat to security is the lack of vetting properly people who are enlisted.

I am sure Joana will know just how many sites this article is on and will ask the same question as I did, has everyone displaying this received a D notice.

BTW has Amaral made any comment on todays sentencing and will he be able to leave the country now or not

Cláudia said...

Hi, Gina.
What sentencing?
xxxx

Gina said...

Acquitted of the crime of failing to report the alleged aggression, Gonçalo Amaral, the former coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department of the PJ of Portimão, was sentenced to a year and a half for the crime of making a false statement, with suspended sentence for the same period.

Cláudia said...

Where did you read that, Gina?
I think there must be something wrong about that. Just today the court has announced that the appeals from both parties were accepted.

Gina said...

Joana - Breaking news thread

I am an hour ahead of you, and many many years ahead of you too, so that is why I have to go to bed right now TTFN

Cláudia said...

Hi, Gina.
Yes, that was the crime he was acquitted from during the first trial. His conviction was for something else. But basically it's back to square one since all the appeals were accepted.
I won't be long either. I'm working tomorrow.
xxxx

Gina said...

I think I am too tired to really understand Joana's thread and judging by the comments others are a bit confused too

Over and out

Cláudia said...

Don't worry, Gina.
Tomorrow everything will be equally confusing! LOL
Sleep well.

nancy said...

Hi Claudia and everyone -

Well done Daily Express!

At last a positive article by Sofia Leal on her husband Goncalo Amaral. Her love and respect for him really shows in her words.

How refreshing to read something good about this first class detective for a change.

Have a nice Sunday!

Zodiac said...

Just read this on Joana's Blog:

27 September 2009
Sunday Express Exclusive Interview with Sofia Leal

Read more: http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/#ixzz0SOI8uRbr
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

"They are particularly angered over his claims that Madeleine is not alive. Civil servant Sofia says her 49-year-old husband suffered post traumatic stress after he was removed as head of the Madeleine investigation in September 2007. He took early retirement the following month, even though he lost two-thirds of his pension.

“It was a bad time for Gonçalo,” said Sofia. Even in his sleep he was going over in his mind what had happened to him and how his career was brought to a premature end.

“I heard him talking in the night ­because of nightmares. Everything he did, every action he took was going through his head."

Wow! I'm surprised no gobsmacked to read this article in the SE! How refreshing to read some real news and not a heavily laden pink sticky syrupy McNon news article. Yes UK, Sofia and Goncalo are real people. Real people who have had their lives turned upside down and inside out because Goncalo was good at his job! I particulary like the above imo a clear indication that Sofia herself has material for a best selling book! Sofia when you write your book please publish in English also!

Cláudia said...

Hi, Nancy and Zodiac.
Thank you for comments and sorry for the delay.
I'll post it on a separate thread soon.
Very surprised, to be honest. Wasn't expecting it...
xxxx