Wednesday, October 22, 2008

UPDATED: Oh my, what a surprise

Anyone wishing to contact me can do it at:

claudiaproudofthepj@hotmail.com



Ex-cop's book on Maddie to be a doco

October 22, 2008 - 10:39PM

A book by a Portuguese detective who investigated the disappearance of British toddler Madeleine McCann will be adapted for a television documentary, according to its producers.

Ex-detective Goncalo Amaral - who has sold 180,000 copies of "Maddie - The Truth of the Lie" - will narrate the documentary, which began filming this week in Algarve, the region where the girl went missing in May 2007.

"This documentary, currently being filmed, is based on the book by the former judicial police inspector," Cristina Valente, a manager in the Portuguese production company Valentim de Carvalho, told AFP.

Portuguese private television channel TVI has acquired the rights to the film.

In his 214-page book, Amaral repeats accusations of involvement by Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, in their daughter's disappearance.

Amaral, who was sacked from the investigation in October 2007 for criticising British police, reiterates his belief that Maddie died in a "tragic accident" in the apartment in which she was sleeping the night she disappeared.

Portuguese authorities closed their investigation in July and lifted the "suspect" label from Maddie's parents due to lack of evidence.

Madeleine McCann went missing on May 3, 2007, days before her fourth birthday, from a holiday flat in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz as her parents dined at a nearby restaurant.

© 2008 AFP

http://news.smh.com.au/world/excops-book-on-maddie-to-be-a-doco-20081022-56he.html

____________________________________________________

As far as I'm aware these news reached the media in Australia, France, Germany, Austria and South Africa, at least. But no word about it in the UK. I wonder why that is...


____________________________________________________

And now, compare it with the version that finally got to the UK. UK media, you are spineless and bent and no one in their right minds would call what you do journalism. You are an embaressment to your country and to your thinking countrymen and countrywomen. Get a backbone. Your 'journalism' is the world's laughing stock.
___________________________________________


By ANTONELLA LAZZERI

Published: Today


THE shamed cop who led the Madeleine McCann probe is cashing in AGAIN — with a TV film.

Parents Kate and Gerry were “disgusted” last night after ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral was seen with a camera crew at the Algarve apartment where the three-year-old vanished.

Portugal’s Channel 3 confirmed he was making a documentary for them — after already coining it with a book about the case earlier this year.

The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell fumed: “He seems determined to make as much as he can out of Madeleine. He should be ashamed.


Amaral was kicked off the case after accusing doctors Kate and Gerry, both 40, of killing Madeleine, of Rothley, Leics. (This part was just made up. He was not kicked off and the reason why he was told to leave the case had nothing to do with the suspicions regarding the main arguidos, at the time)

He repeated the slur in his book The Truth Of The Lie. The TV film will be screened on May 3 next year — the second anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance.

Mr Mitchell raged: “It’s beyond bad taste.”

A local in Praia da Luz, where Maddie vanished, said of the TV film: “It’s sick.”


a.lazzeri@the-sun.co.uk

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/article1844566.ece

14 comments:

helmylin2 said...

Hello Cláudia,

Now then, the Mc Cann's are furious, fuming and whatever else. Tough that's what I say.

Go, Dr.Amaral we are behind you 100%I had read about this documentary,but I'm sure it didn't come from the UK. I read it on 3A's yesterday. Unless I missed it our press (I'm using the term loosly) has said zilch.

It is only a pity that we most likely will never get to see this documentary.

I can't wait for the next big disclosure in this case. I think it is simmering away nicely and will boil over soon! :-)

Cláudia said...

Hi, Helmylin2.
I've just updated the thread. The news got to the UK but distorted, twisted and spinned by the pink little man. Checki it out. It's an article in The Sun which I copy pasted in the thread.
I don't see it being aired in the UK. Censorship will never allow it.
But I agree. This is far from over. Very, very far.

mandarinn said...

Good morning Claudia
I dont post since long time because i have nothing new to tell, but... i can't resist to coment this.
After all it seems the only problem of McCann's team about this case is allways about money.What seems to upset them is that someone out of the group can cash with it. Don't mind the reasons GA has to do what he is doing (clarify this biased case and with it clean his name from the lies UK news papers had spread).And it just a few days after these cheeky people had extort more money from Uk newspaper.
Why they never sue portugese? Maybe because here there no judge to read their accords out of court....
bjs

Cláudia said...

Hi, Mandarinn.
Saudades!
Yes, it bothers them a lot that other people may be making money. I bet if Mr Amaral donated to the fund, they would not be bothered anymore. I'm still waiting for them to sue 24 Horas over the paternity allegations.
Mandarinn, even if this documentary never reaches the UK, it will reach France, Spain, Italy, Holland, Sweden, Norway, etc, etc. Those who will watch the documentary (no matter what nationality they are) will finaly see something without the usual spin. And that is more than enough for this documentary to be done.
Beijinhos!

Charlotte said...

I find the way that the British News reports on Mr Amaral very offensive. Perhaps Mr Goncalo Amaral would like to sue the British press for libel.

The only consolation is that the more Team McCann spin the longer the queue in the UK grows as they wait for Mr Amaral's book to be released in English. I'm also in that queue. If I have to import from America or any other English speaking country where his book may be released/published then that is what I will do.

The truth has to come out eventually.

Cláudia said...

Hi, Charlotte.
Thank you.
I believe Mr Amaral is taking that into account. And he has personally informed about the latest Sun article. Snapshots included, in case it 'vanishes' from the wwww.

I hope anyone interested will be able to read Mr Amaral in English soon.
And like you, I nbelieve that sooner or later the truth will out.
Hope I'll read you again.

Carol said...

I am so ashamed of how this case has been reported in my country, or not reported, the slurs on the PJ and Sr Amaral is beyond deplorable.

I have never bought a newspaper for 25 years as I never believed what I read in them way back then - things are worse than ever now as far as I can tell.

I await Sr Amaral's book being published in English as do many of my friends and family.

I hope this case is solved soon, I really do.

Thank you Claudia I enjoy reading your blog.

Carol

Cláudia said...

Hi, Carol.
It's because of people like you, who can see beyond the spin, that Madeleine's voice will not be forgotten.
I also hope that soon anyone who wishes to do so, can read Mr Amaral's point of view and then make up their minds.
Thank you, Carol. I also hope that one day, it will all be known.

2345 said...

claudia,

Still banning my pro-PJ posts ?

As a man with a law degree, Mr Amaral undoubtedly knows the grounds on which he can sue those publishing any edited/plagiarized versions, copyright laws etc.

Whilst he did not understand Mitchell's role at the outset, he certainly does now.

Cláudia said...

2345, do you think I have to be on call 24/7 to publish your posts as soon as you write them? People work, you know? People have problems, you know? People have lives far away from the computer.
I was about to post all of your posts when I read this one. But let me tell you that now I won't post any. FYI, I slept less than four hours last night because I was caring for a terminal elderly neighbour of mine and his disturbed wife. Today I had to give him morphine and change his diaper (which I was doing exactly at the same time you were writing your crazy posts). Don't you dare think that I'm here at your service because I'm not. You are not an important character in this stoty. Neither am I or any of us. Madeleine is what is important. Don't you dare ever again to demand things from me.
And don't tell me about Mr Amaral. You know nothing about him. NOTHING AT ALL.

2345 said...

claudia,

You have my utmost sympathy, having spent considerable time myself in care of the elderly, including two solid years with my own parents in their frail conditions. I found it more demanding that caring for children 24/7, given their weight etc.

I had no time to work outside the home, or have time for IT and forum debate. I do not know how you manage it all. Don't make yourself ill, will you ?

May I ask whether Portugese carers like you have help and support ?

Cláudia said...

2345, I am not a carer. You know damn well what I do for a living because I spoke about it many times (and still do) elsewhere. You know, sometimes people care for others even if that is not their job and even if it's not someone in your family. It's calling loving someone. I was caring for my elderly NEIGHBOUR because his only dughter who is a selfish bitch doesn't give a damn about her parents and because his wife, at 83 cannot do everything alone. Making such an ill man get up or sit up and change his diaper is not easy.
Now please, if I do deserve your sympathy I ask you to stop bothering me with your insane posts and with your rants. And please, please find some help.
Unless you do that, no more posts from you will be posted here.

Pericles Pinto said...

Just sent the following email to Antonella Lazzari:
-------------------------------
Mrs. Lazzeri,

I don't thik you read the book written by Gonçalo Amaral or at least, didn't read it carefully.

Your article says "Amaral was kicked off the case after accusing doctors Kate and Gerry, both 40, of killing Madeleine, of Rothley, Leics."

If you had carefully read the book, you'd know that nowhere in his book he says Kate or Gerry killed Madeleine.

Instead, G. Amaral points to a possible domestic accident that may have happened while the child was left alone.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kind regards,
Pericles Pinto

Cláudia said...

Well done, Péricles. Just don't expect an answer. Don't hold your breath.